Caraway Rye Muffins Recipe
MY FAMILY enjoys the distinctive taste of caraway, and it abounds in these muffins, which use rye flour for a change of pace. I serve them for brunch, lunch or dinner. I often try new recipes, but it's especially gratifying when a new dish is requested over and over again. -Jean Tyner, Darlington, South Carolina
- 1 cup rye flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and caraway seeds. Stir in cheese. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
1 each: 203 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Caraway Rye Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC