VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add caraway seeds. In a small saucepan, heat cottage cheese until lukewarm; add baking soda and mix well. Stir into yeast mixture. Add sugar, salt and eggs; mix well. Gradually stir in enough flour to form a soft dough Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Stir down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces. Place in well-greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks; brush with melted butter. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Caraway Rolls in Country Woman May/June 1995, p33
Reviews forCaraway Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2011
"I love to bake and these rolls were some of the best I've ever tasted! You MUST give them a try, really!"