Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus Mayonnaise
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place cabbage in a colander over a plate. Sprinkle with sugar and salt; toss to coat. Let stand 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until blended. Rinse cabbage and drain well; place in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 29, 2015
I have to agree with alfoa; not much kick as is. I added orange essential oil hoping to punch up the orange flavor. It was more pungent but still missing something. Omitted the caraway seeds.
Jun 7, 2015
It was ok. Wasn't wow'd by it as the other reviews indicated.
Jul 22, 2013
Recently had a potluck at my house and I made this with great success. I used both red and white cabbage, and added a bit of shredded carrot. We love the citrus kick.
Jul 22, 2013
Just had a potluck dinner at my house, and this was my contribution. I used both white and red cabbages, and added some finely grated carrots to the mix. We love the citrus kick - I didn't have any caraway seeds, so I used sesame seeds. Everyone raved. Bravo.