Caraway Cheese Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 199 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caraway Cheese Bread
"I made this yesterday to go with loaded potato soup. I had to use Greek plain non fat yogurt instead of plain regular yogurt. It turned out wonderful. The cut of the bread is beautiful & supper moist. I also used 2% cheddar cheese, and whole grain dijion mustard. My husbanded loved it. I did add the whole 2 teaspolns of caraway seeds, my husband loves caraway seeds. I will make again for sure."
"This is so good. I left out the caraway seeds and tablespoon of Dijon mustard. I added black pepper and 1t. dried chives and used a little less cheese but should have used the full amount. This definitely needs more salt. It's very moist and uses plain yogurt. I didn't have quite enough yogurt, just had 5.3oz so I?added enough whole milk to it to equal the 8oz. that was needed. I made this in a 9"x5" loaf pan, as specified, for 30 minutes. I'd definitely make this again.I got this recipe from Taste of Home's Complete Guide To baking hardcover cookbook."