Caraway Cheese Biscuits
My grandchildren are always happy when I pull a pan of my cheese biscuits from the oven. The golden-brown goodies are perfect for dipping into chili or stew. — Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and caraway seeds. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.