- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, beer and butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forCaraway Beer Bread
"This is a great way to have great bread in a very short itme. It's very tasty!!In reply to Katie Merritt ~ Rosemary was a very good substitute for the caraway!! I have also used crushed fennel and other spices along with the caraway!! Kitzer"
"I couldn't find Caraway seeds when I went to the store for this, so I used Rosemary in its place. Very yummy!"