Whenever we get a craving for a tropical escape, this super-simple recipe whisks us away in no time. Drizzling the sauce over salted caramel ice cream and taking a bite is just plain paradise. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar. Add pineapple; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove pineapple with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Bring remaining juices to a simmer; cook 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Layer pineapple and ice cream into six dessert dishes; sprinkle with coconut and nuts. Drizzle with reduced sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes in Cast Iron 2017