- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pork in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCaramelized-Onion Pork
"I agree that the onions are a nice touch."
"Very good and easy to make."
"My family loved this recipe. The onions make the pork extra special!"
"easy and delicious! I took it Company a step further and carmelized a thinly sliced Granny Smith apple along with the onion-company perfect!"
"Very very nice! You are right, it makes a very moist and tasty pork. I recommend it."