- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add shallot and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat; sprinkle with cheeses. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCaramelized Mushroom and Onion Frittata
"this recipe was amazing!ing! I gave it 5 stars! it was easy and tasted great! my family loved it!"
"This was my first time making it Frittata and this recipe was so easy. You can make everything at your convenience and clean as you go. The mushroom and onion flavors went wonderfully with the egg. I don't think I will ever make another Omelet again!"