Caramelized Apple Tarts
This recipe cleverly dresses up frozen puff pastry and a no-bake cheesecake mix. Guests will be delighted to be offered their own individual tarts! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (11.1 ounces) no-bake cheesecake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Unfold pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut into eight 4-in. circles. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Prepare cheesecake filling according to package directions; set aside. (Save packet of crust crumbs for another use.)
- In a large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat; stir in cinnamon. Add half of the apples; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Repeat with remaining apples. Drain cooking juices, reserving 1/3 cup in the skillet; discard remaining juices. Add cream to skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Split each pastry in half horizontally. Top each with 2 heaping tablespoons of cheesecake filling. Top with apple slices and drizzle with caramel sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Caramelized Apple Tarts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.