- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup toffee bits
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine caramel topping and milk; add to batter and mix well. Fold in toffee bits; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate. Beat in eggs, sugar and vanilla; gradually beat in flour.
- Spread half of brownie batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Drop caramel batter by spoonfuls onto brownie batter; swirl to combine. Drop remaining brownie batter on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel Toffee Brownies
"I actually made these brownies and they are a keeper! I'll be making them for my niece's baby shower. Make sure that you spread the last layer of brownie batter all the way to the edge. It kind of bakes weird otherwise. But very, very good!!!"
"I love toffee, caramel and brownies, so this is the perfect recipe for me!! I defintly will make this one and i'm looking forward to it! My mouth's watering already! Thank you very much for this de-li-ci-ous recipe. :-)"