Caramel Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies
This has been my go-to cookie recipe for more than twenty years. I love the responses I get from people who try to guess what the surprise center is. I always double, and sometimes triple, this recipe when taking it to potlucks. —Becky McClaflin, Blanchard, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (5 ounces) Milk Duds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream first four ingredients until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Wrap each around a Milk Dud; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 176 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.