- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 6 cups Crispix
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease three 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; set aside. In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the cereals; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir until well coated.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake, uncovered, at 200° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Break apart and store in airtight containers. Yield: 4-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forCaramel Snack Mix
"I made this for my sister's 40th birthday party, and it was a huge hit! My husband wanted to hide some so he would have some for later. I also swapped out some of the cereal for pretzels."
"To give it a little salty taste I add a cup of pretzels and cashews and reduce the cereal by 2 cups."