Caramel Pudding Recipe
- 6 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. In a large saucepan, scald milk. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat eggs until creamy. Add sugars, flour and 1-1/2 cups of the scaled milk; slowly pour into saucepan with remaining milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until pudding thickens, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat; add vanilla and butter. Stir well. Continue to stir pudding every 10 minutes until cooled. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cup: 221 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Pudding
"The BEST pudding I've ever had. I used maple syrup as my only sweetener, and it was incredible."
"This recipe is comfort food at it's finest! Since it's just my husband and me, I cut the recipe in half and used two small eggs. The pudding was very easy to make and the smaller batch cooked a bit faster. I have found that if you rinse the pan with water BEFORE you add the milk, the pudding mixture will not scorch and stick to the bottom of the pan. (My grandma shared this tip with me years ago!)"
"This is even better with toasted coconut on top. Tasty by itself but for something a little different put some peanut butter in after it's through cooking. I fix this and the chocolate pudding (also great) quite often for our evening snack."