Caramel Pudding with Toffee Chips
"Combining most of the ingredients in a blender makes quick work of preparing this smooth pudding," says Loretta Fisher of Dayton, Virginia.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into two dessert dishes. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with whipped topping and toffee bits.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 445 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Pudding in Country Woman March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.