- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls, cut side down, over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
"Made these today and they are great. I made them in my bread machine on the dough setting. The recipe worked great at the high altitude of 7600 feet we have here with no alterations."
"Also made them the day before and put them in the fridge overnight. Very good!"
"Did this recipe for Christmas and made them the day before and left them in the fridge as another review suggested and just let them come up to room temp before popping them in the oven and they turned out great!Only thing I would change next time is a little less nuts but our family isn't huge on nuts in our sweet stuff but still enjoyed them very much"
"Excellent! They turned out wonderful! Family loved eating them Christmas morning!"
"Awesome recipe! best one I've tried yet."
"update on my sticky buns, they turned out wonderful!! I wish I could post a pic, so good!! yummmm!!"
"I just made these, and did an oopsy on the recipe, I mixed the white sugar with the brown sugar and cream, its rising right now, I hope it won't affect it? These are beautiful!! I will post again when they are done, thanks for posting this recipe! :-)"
"Delicious! Since I didn't have any heavy whipping cream, I used about 3/8 cup of warm milk and 1/6 cup of melted butter with the brown sugar. I am very happy with the result."
"OH MYYYYYY!!! These are SOOOO DELICIOUS! I used another users suggestion about evaporated milk & butter in place of the cream (because I didn't have any). The rolls themselves are PERFECT! I can not say enough wonderful things about this recipe!"