Caramel-Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cool, creamy, salty, sweet, crunchy and nutty...what's not to like? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 8 pretzel crisps
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 8 teaspoons marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped pecans
- Dip pretzel crisps into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Spread marshmallow creme over the bottom of each pretzel crisp. Spread 2 tablespoons ice cream over half of the pretzel crisps. Drizzle with ice cream topping and top with remaining pretzel crisps. Press pecans into sides. Wrap in plastic. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 155 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Salty Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.