- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans and brown sugar. Add butter; mix well. Spread in a thin layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Crumble while warm; cool.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a 13x9-in. dish. Drizzle with half of caramel sauce; spread with ice cream. Top with remaining caramel sauce and crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert
"This is so GOOD! My husband loves it!! Made just as printed except I didn't have enough of caramel ice cream topping so put that in the middle & used hot fudge ice cream topping(heated in microwave a few seconds so it would pour easier) on top! Being a chocolate lover, this made it even better."
"This reminded me of Pecan pie A La Mode.Its very rich and plenty sweet.I will definitely make again"
"So, SO yummy! Hubby and kids all loved it. We will definitely make this again."
"As all recipes I make, I always cut the sugar in half automatically and then taste. If needed, I add a tablespoon of sugar at a time if I need to adjust the taste. People need to remember that you can always adjust a recipe to your personal taste."
"this is awesome"
"@ Andrea7568. Desserts are always full of calories and fat. Instead of complaining, just don't make them.....eat a banana instead. This dessert is great for potlucks, company dinners and family get-togethers. Everyone I have served it to has had nothing but praise for it. Try it, you will like it."
"Made this last night and it was to sweet won't be making it again."
"Just made this for Easter. It was excellent."
"A real summer treat, so refreshing, a great finale for your summer party. Have made this often, the crumb mixture can be made ahead and stored for a later time. This is a make again at our house."
"I loved the pecans and oats! So good!"