Caramel Pecan Cookies
You’re sure to impress guests with these show-stopping treats. A golden sugar cookie is the base for an artful arrangement of creamy caramel, sweet milk chocolate and crunchy pecan halves.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + standing
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 24 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 64 pecan halves
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt caramels and cream. Stir until smooth. Spoon onto the center of each cookie; arrange four pecan halves around caramel.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spoon over caramel. Let stand until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Turtle Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005