- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the eggs, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 17-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 15 slices. Place cut side down over caramel sauce. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCaramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
"The dough was perfect. The cinnamon rolls came out a bit too sweet. Next time I will make them with less caramel pecan sauce."
"Excellent - very sweet but loved by kids young and old. Does anyone know if you can make them the night before and freeze?"
"These are baking as I type. I recommend slowly adding the last 2 cups of flour. 5 was too much for me. I also used the trick I learned from sally to preheat my over to 200 degrees and turn it off to proof the cinnamon rolls! :)"
"Delicious dough but I would cut back on the topping to 1 cup br. sugar next time. A little too sweet for my taste."
"These rolls were delicious! My family loved them. I used pecans that I had roasted in butter and sea salt."
"made um ate um. dam they where good. THANK YOU SO VERRY MUCH. [email protected]"
"I made these and took them to work...they have now been requested for all events. They are WONDERFUL and will definitely make them again."
"Very good recipe will definetly be making this again.......just don't over cook the carmel 2 min is plenty."
"Oodles of sticky-fingered thanks and compliments every time I serve these at brunch for family or guests. Careful to mind the caramel sauce. It will get gritty if you leave it unattended. I also add a few chopped pecans to the filling to add to the texture. Mmmm...more please!"