Caramel Pecan Biscotti
My husband helped me concoct this variation on a classic. With caramel and nuts and dipped in chocolate, it makes a scrumptious indulgence.—Cara Bjornlie, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons caramel flavoring syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 20 caramels
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and caramel syrup until blended. Beat in eggs; stir in 1/3 cup pecans. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until light brown.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip tip of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until set.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat caramels and cream over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until caramel is set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Torani brand flavoring syrup. Look for it in the coffee section.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 244 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.