The crystallized ginger and cinnamon add a yummy flavor to this decadent desert made with fresh pears.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grilled pound cake, whipped topping and sliced almonds
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve warm over pound cake. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup pear mixture (calculated without pound cake, whipped topping and almonds): 279 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Pears in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2011