Caramel Orange Spritzer
Butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping and orange juice may seem like an unusual combination, but everyone enjoys this sweet sipper. Cardamom and coriander add even more flavor.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes8 servings (1 cup each)
- 3 tablespoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 bottle (1 liter) carbonated water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices, optional
- In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast cardamom pods and coriander seeds until aromatic, about 4-5 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the seeds, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in juices. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain juice mixture, discarding cardamom and coriander. Whisk in caramel topping. Pour into a large pitcher. Stir in carbonated water. Serve over ice. Garnish with orange slices if desired.
Originally published as Caramel Orange Spritzer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.