VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 bottle (1 liter) carbonated water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices, optional
- In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast cardamom pods and coriander seeds until aromatic, about 4-5 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the seeds, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in juices. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain juice mixture, discarding cardamom and coriander. Whisk in caramel topping. Pour into a large pitcher. Stir in carbonated water. Serve over ice. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Caramel Orange Spritzer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p107