Caramel Nut Pie
This sweet-and-salty pie is often requested by my family at get-togethers.—Dulcie Knoll, Bluffton, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milky Way ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, ice cream topping, sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with nuts. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 502 calories, 28g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Nut Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.