Caramel Nut Crunch
I discovered this crispy snack recipe on a box of cereal years ago. It's been a Christmas favorite with my friends and family ever since.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour hot syrup over cereal mixture; stir until well coated. Spread into greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until slightly firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 300 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Nut Crunch in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.