VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour hot syrup over cereal mixture; stir until well coated. Spread into greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until slightly firm. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Caramel Nut Crunch in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p25