Caramel Nut Candy
You can stir up a batch of these coconut-coated peanut caramel logs in no time, since they're made in the microwave! Both of my sons-in-law rate these as their favorite homemade candies.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 28 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 to 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Place caramels, butter and cream in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on medium for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes more, stirring every minute, until smooth. Stir in sugar until smooth. Add peanuts. Gently fold in marshmallows.
- Sprinkle coconut in a 10-in. x 5-in. strip onto two sheets of waxed paper; spoon caramel mixture down the center of coconut. Using the waxed paper, coat caramel with coconut and roll into two 10-in. logs. Discard waxed paper. Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap. Cut logs into 1/2-in. slices. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 160 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Nut Candy in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.