As a busy mother of six, I welcome any Christmas recipe that's quick, easy and family pleasing. These Snickers-like bars fit that description perfectly!
Recommended: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 5 teaspoons water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramels, water and remaining butter at 70% power for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave in 10- to 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Heat reserved chocolate mixture if necessary to achieve spreading consistency; spread over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut candy into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Caramel-Nut Candy Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p69
Reviews forCaramel-Nut Candy Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review