Caramel Nougat Candy
With crunchy peanuts, gooey caramel and fluffy marshmallow creme, these sweet sensations taste just like one of my favorite candy bars. I usually make several batches of candy at a time to include on my Christmas dessert tray or to give as gifts.—Maddymoo, Taste of Home Online Community
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Roll into 3/4-in. balls.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in peanuts and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Payday Balls in Country Woman Christmas 2010