Caramel Marshmallow Buttons
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min.
- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 224 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2012
Taking it to a Christmas party for 100+ women. I used the jumbo campfire marshmallows. This recipe was plenty for a double recipe. Also, I heated the liquid in an iron wok, so it made it very easy for dipping!
Feb 20, 2012
Very addicting. The hardest part is unwrapping the caramels. The original recipe does not have you freeze the marshmallows and I haven't had any problems this way. I will try cutting the marshmallow in half next time. Great recipe!
May 30, 2010
Want everybody to be your friend ? ? ? Bring a few batches of these to work and don't for get your mother - in- law. This was a big hit for me.