In Reno, Nevada, Julee Wall berg stirs up this delightful dessert sauce on the stovetop. With its smooth texture and yummy taste from brown sugar, it's terrific drizzled over ice cream.
Recommended: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cream, water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Serve warm or cold over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Caramel Ice cream Sauce in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p11
Reviews forCaramel Ice Cream Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review