- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk egg and oil; add to dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Fold in the apple, walnuts and coconut.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; drizzle over cake. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews forCaramel-Glazed Apple Cake
"Something is wrong with this recipe. It doesn't make enough to fill a bundt pan up even half way. You need to re-check the recipe from the baker. Very disappointing!"
"Next time I will double it to make a bigger cake. It barely filled the bottom of my tube pan. Maybe I used a size too large?"