Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer. Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake
"This is one cake that satisfies that sweet tooth! When I take to carry ins, it's always a hit!"
"It's a keeper!Re: To lebs3607, entirely too sweet? Did you not look at the recipe before you made it, or did you just say you made it? Duh! If you made it, you know it consist of choc. chips, caramel, hot fudge, choc cake mix, what gives you a clue that it will be sweet? Please stop leaving your rude comments. We all know that it will be sweet and yummy. You shouldn't of made it in the first place. What texture were you looking for? No, please don't tell us."
"Entirely to sweet. I took it to a family gathering and no one care for it. I didn't like the texture of the cake either"
"I took this dessert to school for my high school students, and they loved it. I made it about 6 months ago, and the kids are still asking about it!"
"So easy to make and everyone loves it!!!"
"Oh my gosh. So delicious!"
"Oooey, gooey, wonderful!"