Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe
To satisfy the chocolate lovers in our family, I added hot fudge topping and chocolate chips to a caramel-covered dessert that's quite popular in our area. The moist cake layer is a breeze to prepare using a boxed mix, and the rich toppings make it especially decadent. —Karen Stucky, Freeman, South Dakota
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer. Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2017
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2016
"This is one cake that satisfies that sweet tooth! When I take to carry ins, it's always a hit!"
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
"It's a keeper!Re: To lebs3607, entirely too sweet? Did you not look at the recipe before you made it, or did you just say you made it? Duh! If you made it, you know it consist of choc. chips, caramel, hot fudge, choc cake mix, what gives you a clue that it will be sweet? Please stop leaving your rude comments. We all know that it will be sweet and yummy. You shouldn't of made it in the first place. What texture were you looking for? No, please don't tell us."
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC