- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake and assorted fresh fruit, cut into pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to 220°; stir in remaining cream. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Reviews forCaramel Fondue
"I can't even make this wrong! I love it and use it all the time. Great for apples and bananas!"
"Excellent! Wanted to eat it with a spoon!"
"wonderful fondue it is on our list for every year we make it!"