Caramel Dumplings Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled apple, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat the butter, brown sugar and water to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the dumplings ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the simmering sauce. Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid. Serve warm with cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 336 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Dumplings
"I was worried how this would turn out but it was fantastic! I love caramel and apples and combo was great. I served it with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum!"