Caramel Dumpling Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch each nutmeg and salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water and 1/2 cup brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and milk just until blended. Stir in the remaining brown sugar. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Spoon into dishes. Top with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 723 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 138g carbohydrate (107g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Dumpling Pudding
"This is so YUMMY!!! I make it ell the time during the cold months. My family can not get enough!"