- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch each nutmeg and salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water and 1/2 cup brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and milk just until blended. Stir in the remaining brown sugar. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Spoon into dishes. Top with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Dumpling Pudding
"This is so YUMMY!!! I make it ell the time during the cold months. My family can not get enough!"