Caramel-Crunch Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, extract, cinnamon, salt, mace, ginger and remaining brown sugar until blended; stir in cream.
- Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional walnuts if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 466 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 27, 2015
Tastes more like egg nog than pumpkin pie otherwise very good. I think a thicker layer of the caramel crunch would be better too.
May 20, 2010
I have made this recipe for a couple of years now, every Christmas and one Thanksgiving. It is the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had. Thank you. I will use this one for many years to come.