Caramel Cream Crepes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons plus 6 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the milk, egg substitute, butter and vanilla; cover and process until blended. Add the flour; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly coat a 6-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons caramel topping until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon down the center of each crepe. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping; roll up.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine raspberries and wine. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until warm. Using a slotted spoon, place berries over crepes. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 206 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Feb 15, 2012
Delicious! I will definetely make this again! Tho we didn't know exactly what egg substitute was so we just used egg whites and it turned out to be scrumptious!
Aug 4, 2011
This was my first time making crepes. The video was helpful and recipe was simple to make. I served it for a bridal shower and had many compliments!
Jul 21, 2011
the filling is amazing, my kids loved it. Of course I "have" to make it again.
Jul 10, 2011
I agree. This is WONDERFUL! My whole family loved it and asks for it at least once a week.
Feb 19, 2011
Loved, loved, loved this! This was the first time I'd ever attempted crepes and boy, am I glad I did. I've made it several times already because my family cannot get enough of it. I did double the recipe and that worked out fine. Gotta go make my crepes!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.