Caramel Crackers 'n' Nuts Recipe
Here is a favorite snack of mine that I find addictive. I love to give them as gifts during the holidays in gift wrapped covered coffee cans with a plastic bag lining the inside.—Betty B. Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (6.6 ounces each) miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large greased bowl, combine crackers and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 280° (soft-crack stage), stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over cracker mixture; quickly stir until evenly coated.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool; break apart. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 196 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Crackers 'n' Nuts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC