Caramel Covered Banana Fritters Recipe
"This is my family's favorite twist on a banana split," says Heidi Duquette of Morrisonville, New York. "It's delicious on a warm summer night."
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into quarters
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Place flour in a small bowl. Combine egg and soda; stir into flour just until moistened.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Coat banana pieces with batter. Fry bananas, a few at a time, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
4 pieces: 594 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 115g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Covered Banana Fritters
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC