Caramel Corn Puffs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 4-1/2 quarts
- 1 package (8 ounces) popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and mix until well coated. Pour into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container or plastic bag.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 270 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 15, 2012
Love it, great for young and old.
May 12, 2011
This recipe is a great snack. To cut down on the sugar, use 1 cup of splenda & 1 cup of brown sugar.....Yummie, without the guilt!!
Dec 21, 2010
this was so good. I just poped reg pop corn, 4 bags of microwave pop, and went from there. it was really good.
Nov 20, 2010
I've used this recipe for several year! It's a big hit and always comes out great. The recipe has been passed down to my son by his request. He plans on making it for his sisters birthday!