- 1 package (8 ounces) popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and mix until well coated. Pour into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container or plastic bag. Yield: about 4-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forCaramel Corn Puffs
"Love it, great for young and old."
"This recipe is a great snack. To cut down on the sugar, use 1 cup of splenda & 1 cup of brown sugar.....Yummie, without the guilt!!"
"this was so good. I just poped reg pop corn, 4 bags of microwave pop, and went from there. it was really good."
"I've used this recipe for several year! It's a big hit and always comes out great. The recipe has been passed down to my son by his request. He plans on making it for his sisters birthday!"