Coffee lends grown-up appeal to this sweet combo of caramel, chocolate and ice cream from our Test Kitchen. The special-tasting dessert will leave your taste buds wide awake and wanting more!
Recommended: 25 Starbucks Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 cups dulce de leche caramel ice cream, softened
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches; stir in coffee granules. Bake and cool according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread ice cream over one brownie half. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Dip sides of ice cream sandwiches in coffee beans. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p60