Caramel Coconut Stars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt caramel bits and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Working with a few cookies at a time, spread caramel over cookies and immediately sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 17, 2013
These cookies taste a lot like those Samoas cookies from the Girl Scouts. I made my own carmel just because its so easy to make and I added a drizzle of chocolate as a final touch. Very good. Thank you for this great recipe.