Caramel Coconut Stars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt caramel bits and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Working with a few cookies at a time, spread caramel over cookies and immediately sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set.
May 17, 2013
These cookies taste a lot like those Samoas cookies from the Girl Scouts. I made my own carmel just because its so easy to make and I added a drizzle of chocolate as a final touch. Very good. Thank you for this great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.