Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (5 cookies)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt caramels with 1/4 cup cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Spread evenly over crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream. Drizzle over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- 3. serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 327 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie
"Very good and rich; it is more like candy than pie, though. Sort of like turtles."