Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pie
Busy cooks will love the make-ahead convenience of this no-bake pie. I prepare it the night before I'm expecting company, then garnish just before serving.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 7 ounces caramels (about 25)
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, toasted pecan halves and chocolate curls, optional
- Place pecans in crust. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir caramels and evaporated milk until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring several times. Pour over pecans; refrigerate.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows, chocolate chips and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional whipped topping, pecans and chocolate curls if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 546 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Caramel Mousse Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003