Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
The wheat germ makes getting these delicious bites a snap to get out of the pan. They're cute as can be and are always a favorite.—Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray; generously coat each with wheat germ. Set aside.
- In large a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa; mix well. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Spoon 4 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate. (Cheesecake may sink in the center upon cooling.)
- To serve, top each with a pecan half. Microwave caramel topping on high for 10 seconds or until soft. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon over each.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 147 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bites in Country Woman November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.