The wheat germ makes getting these delicious bites a snap to get out of the pan. They're cute as can be and are always a favorite.—Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York
Recommended: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray; generously coat each with wheat germ. Set aside.
- In large a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa; mix well. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Spoon 4 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate. (Cheesecake may sink in the center upon cooling.)
- To serve, top each with a pecan half. Microwave caramel topping on high for 10 seconds or until soft. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon over each. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bites in Country Woman November/December 2003, p36
Reviews forCaramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"My family loves these. I use flax seed meal instead of wheat germ."